I noticed that Vogue’s 73 Questions was making its rounds over the Internet. When I noticed one of my favorite blogs Mind.Beauty.Simplicity. had decided to not just partake in the challenge, but also tag her audience as a single unit, I thought why not? Why not indeed. It sounds like fun. It’s the middle of the week. And the post that I wanted to publish for today isn’t ready yet. So why not indeed.
Vogue’s 73 Questions: Blogger Edition
1. What is your usual Starbucks order?
Well, to tell the truth, I can’t remember the last time I’ve even been to Starbucks. Yes, it’s been that long.
3. What does your workstation look like right now?
My desk is in the corner of the room of my house. And my desk is a mess. There is a cup of coffee to my left. My laptop is propped up on a monitor stand. And there is an assortment of toys, books, and pencils to my right. There’s even an old lamp which I had placed at the corner of my desk haphazardly after taking its lightbulb and installing it in anther lamp. I really need to just put that lamp up, or get rid of it. I’ll get to it, eventually…
3. All time favorite food?
Really, I just like anything that is spicy. Not a little bit spicy. But super spicy, the kind that makes your eyes water and leaves a burning taste in your mouth.
4. Favorite author?
My favorite author is Jodi Picoult. I have enjoyed all of her books, except two.
[See also: Book Review: My Sister’s Keeper, by Jodi Picoult]
5. What do you think of open relationships?
It is right for certain types of people… but not for me.
6. Favorite video game?
I don’t play video games.
7. Guilty pleasure treat?
Pretty much anything that contains chocolate. Like a banana split with chocolate syrup on top. Or a handful of m&m’s. Or a scoop or two of coffee flavored ice cream. Or eating nutella from a jar.
8. Favorite film?
My favorite movie is of course Anne Frank: The Whole Story, one of the modern day reproductions of Anne Frank’s Diary.
[See also: How She Came Into My Life]
9. Favorite book?
The Diary of Anne Frank.
10. Twitter or Instagram?
I prefer Twitter. Follow me on Twitter to stay up to date on the latest blog posts, as well as answer questions and interact with me live.
11. Desktop or Laptop?
Both for different reasons. Laptop because it is portable and convenient. But desktop because it is more durable.
12. Best advice you’ve ever received?
My teacher once told me, “Choices make consequences.”
[See also: 5 Life Lessons From My Favorite Teacher]
13. What project are you working on right now?
I am currently working on a children’s book/memoir about being biracial.
14. Favorite color?
Red is my absolute favorite color.
15. Did you get good grades in school?
Yes, of course. I always made the honor roll.
16. Dream job?
Being a published writer.
17. Played any sports?
18. Do you have a degree?
Yes, I have a Bachelor of Arts in Communications.
20. What is your favorite kind of blog post to write?
I enjoy writing blog posts in the form of a letter.
21. What do you like to collect?
Nothing at the moment. Though I used to collect quarters.
22. Describe yourself in three words.
Observer of humanity.
23. If you were a rapper, what would your rapper name be?
Lil’ Spicy. No idea. It was the first thing that popped into my head.
24. Who was the last person you DM’d?
Someone in my local Buy Nothing Group to arrange pick up.
25. What is on top of your wish list right now?
A Thomas & Friends train set that my daughter has been asking for for weeks.
26. What is your Hogwarts House?
27. How many tattoos do you have?
28. What are you most grateful for this year?
29. What is the best thing that has happened to you this month?
Getting a Mother’s Day present from my daughter.
30. What’s the best thing that has happened to you today?
I woke up.
31. What’s the best thing ever?
Those rare quiet moments when everyone is asleep and I am at the computer, typing away at a new blog post.
32. Favorite season?
[See also: 5 Reasons Why Fall is My Favorite Season]
33. Favorite holiday?
34. Which fictional character do you relate the most to?
Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter. She’s smart, weird, and quirky. I like her.
35. Do you like surprises?
Good surprises, yes.
36. What’s the biggest surprise you’ve ever gotten?
A dog for my thirteenth birthday.
37. What’s a surprise that made you cry?
Finding out that my mother had passed away.
[See also: 5 Life Lessons From My Korean Mother]
38. What’s the best surprise you have ever given anyone?
Challenging assumptions that people make about me.
39. Do you like muffins?
If they have chocolate in them.
40. Do you cook often?
Nearly every day. I find that I do like cooking and trying new recipes and food.
41. What’s your favorite dessert?
42. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
Anything without chocolate or ice cream.
43. Cake or pie?
Ice cream cake! When I was growing up, my parents always got me ice cream cakes for my birthday.
44. What’s your least favorite food?
Mushrooms. I loathe the taste, smell, and texture.
45. What’s your favorite condiment?
Red pepper flakes. Hot sauce.
46. It’s 4am on a random Saturday. What are you eating?
It’s 4am? I don’t think I am eating anything. I might be drinking a cup of coffee though.
47. If you could teach a college class, what would it be?
How to see beyond the color of the skin
How to be a successful blogger
How to use WordPress.com effectively
48. Best animated film?
49. What has a guy said or done that has impressed you?
Look beyond the color of my skin.
50. Best thing to do on a first date?
Pre-covid: getting a cup of coffee or tea
Covid: chatting in person while maintaining a distance of six feet while wearing masks and possibly shields and gloves.
51. Worst thing to do on a first date?
Sleep. That can be interpreted however you choose.
52. What’s the best pickup line?
Not sure. Can’t think of one right now.
53. Best comic book character?
Wonder woman? Though I have never read a comic book.
54. Name three things that can always be found in your purse.
Phone, wallet, and diapers.
55. Favorite drink?
56. If you could play a historical character in a movie, who would it be?
57. Kittens or puppies?
58. Favorite sushi roll?
I prefer kimbap, the Korean version.
59. What lipstick do you use?
I don’t wear lipstick.
60. What foundation do you use?
I don’t wear makeup.
61. Blowdry or airdry?
62. Who is your fashion icon?
I don’t have one.
63. Favorite Disney character?
64. What are you doing tomorrow?
Writing a new blog post, taking my daughter to school, playing with the kids, working.
65. Movie you laughed the hardest through?
66. Movie that made you cry?
67. If you could sing a duet with anyone, who would you choose?
I can’t sing.
68. If your life was a song, what would it be?
I Gotta Feeling — Black Eyed Peas
69. What’s your favorite animal?
70. Favorite illustrator?
Mary Grandpre, American illustrator of the Harry Potter series. Or at least, she was my favorite as a child.
71. Person you’d like to have coffee with?
The Queen Elizabeth II.
72. What country would you love to visit?
The United Kingdom. I am of English, Irish, and Scottish descent.
73. Best way to compress?
In the water.
And there you have it!