From the first moment that I laid eyes on my baby boy’s Graco SlimFit Car Seat, I fell absolutely, irrevocably in love with it. Six months ago, I would never have dreamed that I would have fallen in love with a car seat. Previously, I regarded car seats as big, bulky, expensive seats that were difficult to maneuver. There are so many seats to choose from on the market that it makes my head spin in frustration. How to choose the perfect one?
When it came time to upgrade my baby boy to a convertible seat, I half groaned, slightly anxious about the prospect of having to riffle through all of the car seats on the market in search of the perfect one. The market is simply overly saturated with baby products. From the most basic looking models to car seats that boast extra leg room, two cup holders, and a swiveling base, it is enough to turn away any parent’s head when faced with the prospect of purchasing a car seat.
Despite the seemingly insurmountable obstacle facing me, I determinedly went through each car seat with a fine-tooth comb, shaking my head at some, giving a satisfactory nod toward a few. Going into it, there were a few features that I knew this new car seat must have, such as two cup holders, seat belt cushions, and an easy latch installation. For the longest time, I settled on the Graco 4-Ever car seat, as it fulfilled all of these requirements, as well as boasting about being a car seat for all ages.
But then, I just happened to stumble upon the Graco SlimFit Car Seat. It was like love at first sight. From the moment that I read the name until I skimmed down the bullet point list of features, I was in love with the Graco SlimFit Car Seat. It may seem silly to proclaim a love for a car seat. But I believe when making an investment on a product it is important to have strong positive feelings for it. Otherwise, what is the point of shelling out all that money for a product that you don’t really like?
From the moment of unboxing the product to installation to securing my baby boy into his car seat for the first time, I did not waver not once. I was in love with this product. These are the six things I love about the Graco Slim Fit car seat, or the pros, if you will.
The Pros for the Graco SlimFit Car Seat
- It is a 3-in-1 car seat, growing with the child from the very beginning to the booster stage.
- It has two recline positions in the rear-facing mode, allowing the baby or toddler to sit back, or sit up, while rear-facing.
- It has two easy and secure latch clips for quick installation. It is also easy to remove from the car by simply pushing the red button.
- The seat belt has a built in removable cushion.
- It features a head and seat cushion to use while in rear-facing mode to make the car seat padded and comfortable for the child.
- It boasts that it is about one inch slimmer than other car seats on the market, due to the cup holders’ ability to fold down, saving some space.
- It has ten height positions to accommodate the individual child’s height.
Not to mention, it is simply beautiful.
Of course, no matter how much you love a product, there is always that one thing that you wish that you could slightly alter just a little bit. So, here are the cons for the Graco Slim Fit Car Seat.
The Cons for the Graco SlimFit Car Seat
- It doesn’t have an armrest or raised sides along the seat part of the car seat. Because of this, it is easy for toys, sippy cups, and even shoes to fall out of not just the car seat but out of the car as well.
All in all, I am very happy with the Graco SlimFit Car Seat. Despite the cons, it was an excellent purchase. My baby boy seems to like sitting in it. I expect to use this car seat for a very long time, all the way through the booster stage.
Click below to see the product on Amazon. (#notsponsored and no #affiliatelinks)