1. Provide the link to the creator’s original award post. (Very important: See why in step 5)
2. Answer the questions provided.
3. Create 7 unique questions.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers. Ensure that they are aware of their nomination. Neither the award’s creator, nor the blogger that nominated you can be nominated.
5. At the end of 2020, every blog that ping-backs the creator’s original post will be entered to win the 2020 Outstanding Blogger Award!
- What event in your life has shaped you the most as a person, and how did it do so?
I truly believe that all the moments in the past and the present play a huge role in who we grow up to be. It’s honestly hard to pinpoint a single moment in my life that has played the biggest role. It could be the time that I first went to college, or the time I studied abroad in Berlin, or the time that I went back to school to get my degree. Or, it could be the huge influence that the internet and social media has had on my writing. Or, it could be moving from Korea back to the US when I was just five. Or, it could be the moment when I first became a mother. All of these events have played a huge role in who I am today.
2. How did you choose your current profession? If you haven’t decided already, how do you plan on deciding your career?
I chose my current job quite by accident. I needed something that allowed me to stay at home for the kids so I could be there for them. I applied for an online teaching position, was invited to an interview, and then a group training session, and the rest is history. I have been doing this for a few years–and I love it. I love it because I get to work from home. I love it because I can help people. I love it because I am constantly learning new things while at the same time guiding and helping the student perfect their English.
3. How do you get to know someone deeply?
The only way to get to truly know someone is through conversation. Having deep, meaningful conversation is the best way.
4. What’s your favorite ice cream flavor?
5. What do you like to spend time doing when you have free time?
I like to read books. Currently, I am reading the book Meg & Jo (stay tuned for a book review on Tuesday). I also love to go swimming. I don’t know what is it, but I feel so free in the water. I feel as if I can do anything.
6. What’s one thing that you wish people understood about you?
I wish people would look at me and not make judgements. I wish people would just see me as a person and not someone of a particular race or ethnicity.
7. What is your biggest dream in your life that you wish you can make come true?
I want to buy a RV and drive from state to state. I’ve been seeing and hearing about people doing just that. It sounds amazing and an awesome way to get to know every corner of this beautiful country.
- What is the most powerful emotion?
- Do you think that humans will ever get to live on Mars?
- What is your go-to meal on lazy, rainy days?
- What did you do after you graduated from high school?
- Would you rather go scuba diving or sky diving?
- What is the meaning of life?
- If you could sum up the essence of your blog in one word, what word would you use?
And you, my dear reader, please comment below with your favorite ice cream flavor.