I was nominated for the Liebster Award by Janis over at Momshie Diaries. So, thank you!
Here are the rules to this award:
- Thank the Blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions given to you.
- Nominate 11 other Bloggers.
- Ask your nominees 11 questions.
My answers to Janis’ questions:
- What is your morning routine?
I wake up between 6 and 7 am. I use the bathroom, brush my teeth, get dressed, and then have a bowl of cereal. Lately I’ve been obsessed with this brand of cereal. Simultaneously, I get my little baby boy up, change his diaper, and get him dressed.What was your most recent purchase?
2. Who was your favorite teacher and why?
My favorite teacher was my tenth grade English teacher. She was tough and intelligent. She challenged us in her classes. She had certain policies in her class that definitely stood out. For example, we were required to write in blue or black pen. We could not have less than three crossing outs or strike throughs with pen. She was teaching us to be careful with our work. She also forbid us from going to the restroom during the class, unless we had a medical note. She was teaching us to be prepared and take care of our business before class. She never told us the page number, but instead had us find the page by looking through the table of contents. I remember her saying that she did not want to cripple us.
But what I most remember is her most frequently quoted saying: Choices make consequences. I am reminded everyday how very true that is. Every decision that we make has consequences, good or bad.
3. Which type of season are you? Winter, spring, summer or fall? Why?
My favorite season is fall. I like that it’s not too cold and not too hot. I love the changing colors.
4. How many cups of coffee / tea do you consume daily?
I usually don’t drink any, but if I do, no more than one cup of coffee or tea.
5. Which one do you like better, earth colors or pastels? Why?
I like earth colors better, greens and browns and blues. I love glancing out my window at the beautiful trees and grass and the gorgeous sky.
6. Do you use Twitter? If yes, care to share your Twitter name? If no, why not?
Yes, I do! I’ve been on Twitter for ten years. It’s my longest social media account and I’m actually pretty proud of that fact. My twitter account is at @hhensell.
7. What was your favorite childhood memory?
Oh lots!! It’s hard to just pinpoint a particular one. I remember sitting on the kitchen floor, across from my mom or grandma. I was the unofficial taste tester for kimchi. Or, I remember taking walks around the neighborhood with my mom. Or, I was five or six and my dad was ever so patiently teaching me how to ride a bike.
8. Describe your childhood best friend.
I first met my childhood best friend when I was in second grade. We are still friends today, though not as close as we once were. I guess time and distance can do that to you. She was tall, wore glasses, and had her hair done in many braids. She was sweet, shy, quiet, but also intelligent. She was great at art and was always drawing the characters from her favorite anime and cartoon shows.
9. What is worse than death?
Fear. I think fear is worse than death. If you are scared or driven by fear, then it inhibits you from doing what you want to do or need to do.
10. What was your most recent purchase?
The last thing I purchased was a Vtech Walker for my baby boy.
- What is the most important thing in life?
- What would your life be like without the Internet?
- If you had a time machine, where would you go?
- If you won the lottery, what would you do with your winnings?
- What would you do if you woke up as the president of the US?
- What is your spirit animal?
- Who do you admire the most?
- What quality do you like the least in a person?
- What was the last thing you did before reading this post?
- What is one thing on your wishlist?
I nominate YOU. If you are reading this post, then you are nominated, because I don’t want to just pick five to ten people. I don’t discriminate, you see.